Thursday, October 10, 2013

VIDEO: Kanye West speaks his truth, and I liked it


"This Jimmy Kimmel interview is the truth!"

That's what Kim Kardashian tweeted early Thursday morning, and I have to agree with her.

The tweet comes after her boo thang and baby daddy, Kanye West, gave us a memorable rant on "Jimmy Kimmel Live."

The appearance comes following a Twitter beef between the late night show host and West. Kimmel spoofed a recent West interview on his show, and the "Stronger" rapper didn't appreciate it too much and took to Twitter.

"A lot of people think you're a jerk," Kimmel told the always controversial rap superstar during the interview.

Mr. West could obviously care less.

VIDEO: Part One
VIDEO: Part Two



"I'm a creative genius," he said, admitting that most people don't say that about themselves.

"I'm totally weird and totally honest and I'm totally inappropriate sometimes, and the thing is for me not to say I'm not a genius I'd be lying to you and to myself."

West rambled, but made a lot of sense during the interview. He talked about everything from the problems with the fashion industry to the overly aggressive paparazzi.

"You do help me get money, paparazzi," he said. "You show people how fresh my outfit is."

He continued to tell the paps to step the 'eff back and show some respect by reminding everyone that he is from Chicago.

"Never think that I'm not from Chicago for one second," West barked.

I think he was implying that he could still put someone in check if he felt they were out of line. Well, we know that to be the case from his prior actions. So we're not doubting that at all.

He also had a strong message to the world: "You're not going to bully me."

He added, "Creatives have gotten beat up my entire life."

Overall, I felt a lot of what West was saying in the interview. It didn't matter that he was jumping from subject to subject. It was honest and we can appreciate that. He spoke his truth.

I didn't agree that his 'wifey' deserved a star on the Hollywood walk of fame. And I didn't agree with those Jody Watley inspired cut up jeans he had on. Or perhaps he got them from one of Taylor Dane's background dancers in the "Tell It To My Heart" video. 

This man has been constantly criticized and ripped to shreds for his actions. He tragically lost his mother, and I think he still hasn't dealt with how that impacted him.

Is he a victim of the relentless media? Perhaps.

Is he a little off? Maybe.

But Mr. West knows one thing for sure.

He's a genius.

And I agree.

Go, Yeezy!

1 comment:

FiGZ said...

Kanye went H.A.M. and was preaching