Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hot 97 gives the gift of Summer Jam in your home


My Summer Jam experience was the best I ever had - and I wasn't even there!

The folks at Hot 97 decided to live stream the entire concert and well, it was very well done.

The video and audio was, to my surprise, pretty superb. I had a brief moment during the Lil' Wayne performance where I lost the video, but it came back.

I was among more than 55,000 web users who comfortably watched artists like Wayne, Drake, Chris Brown and Rick Ross rock the stage at the New Meadowlands Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J. The web users got as high as 57,000 plus during the Wayne set.

Of course, the best part was that I could watch Summer Jam while still keeping an eye on the NBA finals.

While the UStream of the concert may have been a huge plus, the show overall was still pretty uneventful and underwhelming.
Summer Jam used to be something that people talked about the next day. I'm not sure what people will talk about after watching this concert. Dip Set having 500 people on stage? Diddy coming out with Ricky Rozay and eventually leading the crowd as the Notorious B.I.G.'s "One More Chance" played? Um, Mobb Deep performing during the Lloyd Banks set? Again, a very uneventful night.

But at least I got to watch it all go down from the comfort of my home.

Thank you, Hot 97.

No comments: