Friday, December 31, 2010

Momentum from amazing 2010 to continue in New Year



I'd be lying if I said I didn't have an amazing year.

Of course, no year is perfect. Everyone has their setbacks and obstacles.

But for me, the good definitely outweighed the bad in 2010.

In February, I received the "People on the Move" Award presented by Lizette Parker, the deputy mayor of my hometown of Teaneck, N.J. I'm so thankful for the honor. Thank you!

A few months later, I found out I was being honored with the National Association of Black Journalists "Emerging Journalist of the Year" Award. I accepted the award in July in San Diego. Hands down, the best moment of 2010. Thank you to NABJ President Kathy Times and the entire NABJ for the recognition and the continued support.



I had a great year at the New York Daily News, covering some amazing stories. In September, I was moved from the night shift to the day shift. A switch that allowed for continued growth and more incredible opportunities. I'm so thankful to work with such a talented crew of journalists. You guys definitely make me better. Thank you!!

Of course, I'm also thankful to have the support of my family and friends. It's because of them that I am able to do what I do.

I'm not big on making New Year's resolutions. Instead, I'll just vow to continue to work hard and carry the momentum from 2010 into 2011.

If you're chasing your dream, keep working hard. It will pay off. I'm proof.

Now, excuse me while I hit my dougie on last time for 2010... :-)

(check me out in the video below - another one of my favorite moments of 2010 - shout out to GA!)

PREVIOUS END OF THE YEAR NOTES:



No comments: