Loading...

Friday, December 17, 2010

A little burnt hair isn't stopping this model: "Hair grows; Life goes"



To be compared to Michael Jackson is usually a good thing. But not when it's because your hair caught on fire in a freak accident.

New York model Miyoki Jones was just sitting naked in a bath tub surrounded by models, Kevin Hart, Trey Songz and Fabolous. She was smiling as Hart hyped up the event for viewers. Songz was tossing what looked like rose petals in the tub that was surrounded by lit candles.

Then the unexpected happened.

A small flame quickly grew from the back of Miyoki's head.

She quickly patted her burning hair in a panic and then appeared to dunk her head under the water to save her long locks.

"I'm being compared to MJ so early in my career... Thank you! Ha," she tweeted after the incident.

The King of Pop's hair caught on fire while filming a Pepsi commercial in 1984. He suffered second and third-degree burns to his face and scalp, and was rushed to a hospital. Far worse than Miyoki, who didn't even go to the hospital.



The event, which was promotion for Diddy Dirty Money's album, The Last Train to Paris, was being broadcast via UStream from a Manhattan hotel on Tuesday night.

TMZ caught up with the rising model as she walked through Times Square.

"I'm a paid model," she said, explaining that night was just another gig. "The candle just lit my hair on fire. I have a lot of hair."



Now, Miyoki is wearing her hair in a tight bun instead of letting the damage show.

"I didn't know what was going on. I heard crackling while the cameras were rolling," she said. "I believe it was Trey Songz who said, 'Oh my God your hair is on fire.'"

She credited Diddy with being very attentive following the accident at the London Hotel.

Miyoki seems to be taking the embarrassing event in stride.

"Hair grows; Life goes," she tweeted.

She also clarified on Twitter that it was indeed her real hair that caught on fire. Not an Indian Remi weave, as many people initially believed.

"its good and untouched! :-) and... It was my real hair," she tweeted to Hot 97 radio personality Angie Martinez. (the model was referring to her scalp as being "good and untouched")

Now, the model is debating her next hairstyle.

"Should I Halle Berry my hair or Amber Rose it?" she tweeted.

Whatever she decides, I just hope she says no to 'the Cassie.'

No comments: