Sunday, October 24, 2010

Kanye West film is out of this world



It wouldn't be Kanye if it wasn't something that didn't leave you scratching your head.

Kanye West debuted his "Runaway" film last night on MTV/BET (with commercials and all), but if you missed it -- like I did -- you can now watch the entire 35-minute clip without interruption. (Thanks to YouTube)

Selita Ebanks, who starred as the sexy Phoenix, left little to the imagination in the over-the-top film that included nine tracks from Kanye's upcoming album, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

It's been nearly 27 years since Michael Jackson's revolutionary 14-minute short film for Thriller. And I would say this was worth the 27-year wait for this masterpiece that easily pounced any Lady Gaga or Beyonce music video that we've seen this generation.

So if Kanye is the new MJ of music videos, then I guess Ebanks is the new Ola Ray (the first pop video vixen).

However, Ray's star (er, jheri curl mullet) didn't shine for too long after her breakthrough role. I'm sure Ebanks would probably cringe at the comparison to the former Playboy Playmate of the Month, but what can I say?

In any event, check out the video. Kanye and Ebanks make magic that's certainly well worth your time. My only advice: watch with an open mind.

No comments: