Wednesday, March 10, 2010

C'mon Son: Promoters cashing in on B.I.G.'s death


Somebody was trying to cash in on the death of Notorious B.I.G. and Diddy says it wasn't him.

Last night, a tribute party for the late Notorious B.I.G. was held at The Lab in Brooklyn. But some would-be partygoers were shocked when they were asked to pay $100 to enter.


Soon Diddy was bombarded with tweets from upset fans and he had to respond to clear his own name. Mainly because the party was heavily promoted as Diddy's first ever party in Brooklyn.

"I just heard the club is trying to charge 100 dollars. I am 3 blocks away!!! I am not promoting the party. I'm not making money from this," he tweeted after being accused of turning the tribute into a payday.

"As soon as I get there I will tell them to stop trying to overcharge people. Sorry to all who were inconvenienced. I will fix," he tweeted.

For some reason, I believe Diddy when he says he wasn't making money off this party.

But someone was.

After all, there were a grand total of SEVEN names listed as party promoters for this tribute party. And there was no mention of this party being a college fundraiser for the two children of the "Juicy" rapper. Because it wasn't!



Maybe if the organizers did something *good* with the proceeds, people wouldn't feel so bad about spending $100 to get in. Instead these greedy promoters are trying to stuff their own pockets.(FYI - advance V.I.P. tickets for the party was only $30)

Empire Entity, Showcase NYC, Joe Jaxson, Jinglin Baby, MTA Playaz, Tree City and Real Hustlaz were among promoters whose names appeared on the party advertisements.

Shame on ALL of them. It has been 13 years since B.I.G.'s death, when will it stop?

Party Promoter
Joe Jaxson

No comments: