Wednesday, February 3, 2010

P!nk sets the record straight on lip-synching



P!nk delivered one of the greatest Grammy Awards performances of all-time, but there is debate over whether she actually sang while hanging upside down hundreds of feet in the air.

Many viewers and critics have accused her of lip-synching to "Glitter in the Air." During the show-stopping performance, she was hoisted in the air covered in water as she spun around over the Grammy audience.

I guess it was a little hard to believe she could have pulled that off.

Well, yesterday P!nk took to Twitter to set the record straight.

"I hear there's a debate over whether or not I sang live on grammies. I have never lip synched in my entire life. I'm 100% against it," the singer wrote.

So I guess that clears it up!! I have to admit I found it hard to believe that she was really singing. But you have to give her credit for pulling off the daredevil performance.

In fairness, she's had a lot of practice with the acrobatic show.

Like Beyonce, P!nk has also performed the same routine during her tour over the last year.

But unlike Beyonce, P!nk's performance was mind-blowing. No matter how many times she's done it.

"Glitter in the Air," released on the Funhouse album in October 2008, is currently the no. 5 single on iTunes. I would say this performance has a WHOLE lot to do with that.

::Note: Beyonce performed "If I Were a Boy / You Oughta Know" at the Grammy Awards. She did the same performance on her recent tour.::
--------------------------------

Pink performing "Glitter in the Air" on tour in Australia:



Pink performing "Glitter in the Air" at the Grammy Awards:


No comments: