Saturday, January 16, 2010

Wyclef says he's 'DISGUSTED' by accusations against Yele

Wyclef Jean had to pause his efforts to help the people of his native Haiti to defend accusations made against his own organization.

Yele Haiti, Jean's charity, had received more than $2 million in donations since the devastating earthquake that killed thousands and left the country in shambles.

But groups that screen charities have questioned how Wyclef's charity would help the people of Haiti. Some reports have even accused Wyclef of getting paid from Yele Haiti.

The Haitian-born rapper released a YouTube video statement denouncing the claims.

"I never and would ever take my money from my personal pocket when it comes to Yele," he said in a video posted today. "I myself have put a million dollars inside of my own foundation. So not only I denounce all of that, I'm disgusted by that."

Personally, I think it's awful he has to defend his efforts during such a crisis.

Wyclef is taking the lead in this because Haiti is where he's from. We should applaud his efforts instead of trying to tear down his organization.

I'm sure there are tons of scamming groups out there, but I don't think Yele Haiti is one of them.

If you would like to donate to Wyclef's organization text "Yele to 501 501. The text will automatically donate $5 to his foundation in support of the Haitian earthquake victims.


WATCH HIS STATEMENT BELOW:



2 comments:

Dajah said...

Dont mean to get all political and things, but those groups of ppl bashing wy and his org are most likely ran by the gov...he's the only one that 100% of the earnings are going 2wards haiti. they are trying to discourage pple from donating to his org...so they could donate to these gov based ogrs where a great porion of those donations will be going 2wards sum1s salary and in the gov pocket...check out this vid on my blog please of bush making it clear that he only wants money!!!1 youdontknowday.blogspot.com

Blogger said...

LIVE WEBCAM MODELS WANTED!
GENERATE OVER $10,000 PER WEEK.
BECOME A BONGA MODELS WEBCAM MODEL TODAY!