Friday, September 25, 2009

Musiq Soulchild coming to Del State homecoming


There's something else for Delaware State University alum to do at homecoming this year -- go to a concert featuring the soulful Musiq Soulchild.

Straight out of Philly, Musiq will perform on Saturday, Oct. 24 at the Rollins Center at Dover Downs at 8 p.m.

Tickets for the Dover concert are only $38.50.

You can cop your tickets in advance by clicking here.

I saw Musiq at SOBs in New York recently and he doesn't disappoint. He's got five albums of music and I'm sure most of you have at least one of them.

Either way, you can't deny that the man got some hits.

"Halfcrazy" came out during my freshman year (01/02) at DSU and I'm sure y'all can remember other popular tracks and what year you were in.

His breakthrough hits, "Just Friends" and "Love" came out in 2000. I was still a senior in high school. Damn, that was a minute ago.

Just a reminder -- this isn't the "college concert" where you have to wait outside while canines and cops armed with pepper spray lurk in the dark yards of DSU.

This is the alumni concert -- a tradition started by previous SGA leaders -- and now being spearheaded by alum, former SGA president and promoter, Clint Saunders.

Get ready for an amazing concert.

And take a moment and ask yourself: where were you when you first heard Musiq?

1 comment:

Latiya A said...

Good looking out Feenz. I've seen him in concert @ least once that was 7 yrs ago. I have all of his albums so I will most definitely look into the concert. His song "Love" made me cry cuz those words to me were nothing short of being true. Plus my best friend from HS lived around the corner from where he shot that video.