Friday, September 11, 2009

Jay-Z runs the Big Apple tonight

Tonight is all about Jay-Z.

His 9-11 charity concert at New York's Madison Square Garden is likely going to be one of biggest shows of the year.

The tickets sold out in seconds and left thousands of diehard fans ticketless and disappointment.

If you have the Fuse channel you can watch the concert live at home at 9 pm.  That's what I'll be doing.

What can we expect?  

Well, The Blueprint 3 album just came out earlier this week (officially -- we know many had it waaaaay early) and by now everyone should know all the words to the tracks.  So I'm guessing the show will be dominated by the new stuff, which will definitely present plenty of opportunities for special guests. Hmmm...

Alicia Keys will likely join Jay for my favorite track on the album, "Empire State of Mind."  I'm sure there will be a slideshow in the background with various pictures of New York as they perform.

You know, Rihanna and Kanye West will be there for "Run This Town."

Young Jeezy might join Jay for new track, "Real As It Gets," and maybe they'll even do the remix for "My President."  I think it would be appropriate.

Drake has defnitely gotta be a part of this show.  "Off That" is one of the hottest tracks on The Blueprint 3 album, even though Drizzy is only on the chorus.    I hope Drake doesn't slip and fall because the tough Garden crowd won't be very forgiving.

The biggest question is will we see Mrs. Jay-Z??    

Well, I'm sure Beyonce will be around.  After all, the MTV VMAs are in New York on Sunday and everyone in music will be at this show.

But will she perform?  I somewhat doubt that.  It's Jay's night and she would agree. I'd personally rather see a Jay-Z and Mary J. Blige reunion instead.

This should be a great show.  I just would prefer not to hear "D.O.A." anymore. I've just had enough of that song. Maybe it's just me.

In the words Jay: "Thank you, thank you, thank you, you're far too kind."

No comments: