Sunday, June 28, 2009

All-star lineup expected for tonight's MJ tribute


All eyes are on BET tonight.

Everyone is waiting to see tonight's Michael Jackson tribute at the annual BET Awards.

Who is going to perform? Which songs are going to be performed by what artists?

Here are some of my picks: (most probably won't happen..but it was just a thought!)

Chris Brown - "Thriller" or "Billie Jean"

Mariah Carey - "I'll Be There"

Smokey Robinson and Diana Ross - "Never Can Say Goodbye"

Beyonce
- "Dancing Machine" or a good slow song for her would be "Gone too soon"

Jamie Foxx and Mary J. Blige - "Remember the Time"

Justin Timberlake
- "Rock With You"

Ne-Yo
- "Bad" or "P.Y.T."

Usher and Ciara - "Beat It"

Stevie Wonder and Alicia Keys - "Ben"

Boyz II Men and Musiq Soulchild
(possibly) - "I Want You Back"

Trey Songz (or maybe Ginuwine) - "Dirty Diana" or "Smooth Criminal"

John Legend - "Man in the Mirror"

I'm sure Kanye West will weasel his way into this tribute somehow. But I can't figure out what he would do. LOL.


PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING ARTISTS IN THIS TRIBUTE:

THE-DREAM, T-PAIN, DAY26, SOULJA BOY, BOW WOW, HURRICANE CHRIS AND DIDDY.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

@ Kanye: I was just thinking the exact same thing this morning!!!! If I had 2 guess, he'd write a coupla verses as elegy. If I had my druthers, tho, he'd be on the turntables, mixing & fusing the hits with the less popular songs just to showcase Mike's versatility.

As for the artists matched with specific hits, good call. Now that you've said something, I could imagine pretty well each of those particular songs being chosen for each artist you've picked. BRB i'm about 2 turn on the red carpet pre-show/interviews on CNN.

Courtney said...

T-Pain???!!!! NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!! And HOW do you disrespect the memories of MJ and the Troutman brothers AT THE SAME TIME??