Thursday, March 5, 2009

Watch out for: Miss Keri Baby!


Whether we are still mentioning the name Keri Hilson five years from now will remain to be seen. But one thing is for sure she is doing everything she can to make her mark and secure her spot among the pool of R&B divas.


"Turnin' Me On" featuring Lil' Wayne is her current hit that's garnered play on radio stations and in clubs throughout the country. It's a hot track. There's no denying it. Just check the video below.



Not to mention, "Miss Keri Baby" is definitely easy on the eyes. She comes off as your average chick with the swag that every girl wants and every guy wants to be with.


She's a writer, singer and performer. In a nutshell, she's got it all. But that doesn't mean she'll have longevity in this industry. Remember Tweet? Truth Hurts? ugh...I could go on. I have a feeling Keri is going to end up in that category. Although I'd really like to see her do well. Really, I do.

Her earlier single, "Energy," (see video below) was less explosive than "Turnin' Me On," and it's also worth noting that Keri was featured on "Superhuman" with Chris Brown (before the assault of Rihanna). It was just a nice song for two young singers. (click here for that track)


But folks Keri has elevated her game a couple notches with this latest remix to "Turnin' Me On" featuring Lil' Wayne and T-Pain. However, this remix is not about the guys on the track as it is Keri who steals the show. CLICK HERE FOR THIS EXPLOSIVE REMIX!!


There's speculation that in the remix Keri is spittin' fire at the two chicks at the top of the R&B food chain -- Beyonce and Ciara. Wow! In the words of wrestler Ric Flair, "to be the man, you gotta beat the man."


"I shot the sheriff," Keri sings in the remix. "But wait til I shoot these bitches down."

"I ain't tryin to start no mess it's just something on my chest that I need to get off, 'cause ya turnin' me off," she sings. "Ya vision cloudy if you think that you the best ... you can dance, she can sing....you need to go have some babies..."

She goes on and on...MUST HEAR!

Then as I was driving home from work and listening to Hot 97 [New York], I heard a new joint by Keri Hilson featuring Kanye West and Ne-Yo.

This track is called "Knock You Down" (listen to it below). You gotta hear it and listen to it a few times. But I'm feeling it. And I'm feeling Keri right now.

I'm lookin' forward to her debut album. Thank God she's not on Bad Boy or she would end up like Cheri Dennis. [Who? Exactly!]

4 comments:

Latiya A said...

Hmmmmm..... can you say free publicity? I think she's talented but the other "Diva" and "Pop Lock Princess" she's beefing with come on, that is sooooo old. We'll see how far she sustains in the music biz. Oh yeah and btw I happen to like Cheri Dennis, and Puff will be Puff when it comes to Bad Boy....

M Feenz said...

i like cheri dennis as well...too bad she was on Bad Boy though. that's like the worst label to be on if you want a long career..but i guess it's better than not having one at all. cheri's album was actually really good.

Latiya A said...

I listened to the song on youtube, Keri's feeling herself a little too hard. But hey America likes drama right?

Latiya A said...

I heard a clip from an interview for Ciara and Polow Da Don while they called Keri on the phone as she tried to make a "weak" attempt to clear up her lyrics for the remix. She said she was talking about "haters in the industry" not Beyonce and Ciara. Whatever... however, she did get out of pocket and say she doesn't have to be "briefed" before interviews, she's real, I fell out laughing