Friday, February 6, 2009

WTF: Pregnant M.I.A. to perform at Grammy's!!



I heard it on FOX news this morning. I've seen it on blogs and other sites. And I still can't believe it!

M.I.A. is going to perform pregnant at the Grammy's on Sunday -- also the day she is due to give birth!!! WTF!

M.I.A., who is known for her song "Paper Planes," is nominated for two Grammy Awards this year. And to top it off, the British singer is slated to perform on the big stage!

Ummm...I'm sure she is thrilled to have this big breakthrough opportunity, but perhaps she should grab a seat and watch the Grammy's from home. They'll accept the award on your behalf, if you win!

She is nominated for Record of the Year for “Paper Planes” and Best Rap Song for “Swagga Like Us.” The rap song may actually win, but it's not really her track anyway.

Don't get me wrong, I like M.I.A. and her music. But this ranks up there as one of the dumbest things I've EVER heard.

Hopefully she gives birth some time between today and the award show. But I guess this prego-performance could add a little bit of anticipation to the Grammy's, which I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE!!

I'll definitely be blogging as the show is broadcast on Sunday....

If you aren't sure who M.I.A. is...check out here song below:
[she is also the voice saying, "No one on the corner has swagga like us"...in the "Swagga Like Us" track.]

No comments: