As if all the homemade fan YouTube videos of Beyonce's popular hit "Single Ladies" wasn't enough, now we have a Valentine's Day themed party encouraging guests to "put a ring on it."
Personally, I think this is ridiculously hilarious. But I'd be interested to hear how it turns out. If anyone goes, let me know how it was....lol.
Yeah, I'm serious and I don't make this stuff up. Just check the flyer below:
Here are the rules of the very interesting party:
1. Every person gets 3 rings when you enter the party
2. If you see someone you like...then you give him/her a ring
3. The person being offered the ring can accept, deny or give you a ring in return
4. Once you give out all your rings you CANNOT talk to anyone else unless someone comes up to you to give you a ring
5. The only way an individual can talk to someone else is to have at least one ring in his/her possession
The male and female with the most rings at the end of the night gets a campaign prize
The cost is a $10 entry fee, which is a Campaign Donation and eligible for the 6 to 1 Matching Funds Program from NYC Campaign Finance. This means if a New York City resident contributes $10, the campaign will receive $60 in Matching Funds plus your original $10 contribution for a total of $70.
According to the party organizer there is an "overwhelming response" to the event, and party-goers are asked to visit the following link and fill out the form prior to the event: Contribution Form
The party is going down at Tamboril Bar and Lounge (527 Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn, New York 11205) tonight [Saturday, February 14th]
The event is being hosted by Saquan Jones, who is a candidate for Brooklyn's 36th District City Council Seat.