Sunday, February 8, 2009

Grammy Blog: Blahh ending to award show

M.I.A. didn't let her pregnancy keep her from performing at the Grammy's.

10:00 p.m.

I think the Grammy's ended with the second hour because this final hour has been pretty lame.

Justin Timberlake and T.I. performed "Dead and Gone" from the "Paper Trail" album. It was nothing spectacular, but good performance. I feel like we've seen the same people too many times throughout this year's Grammy Awards. We've seen both T.I. and J.T. perform twice in one night.

There was also a tribute to the Four Tops featuring Jamie Foxx and Ne-Yo. Mr. Foxx seemed to be doing his own thing and probably got caught up in the moment. Not sure what he was thinking. Nice idea. Perhaps the Grammy's could have picked some other "new school" artists.

Lil' Wayne performed with Robin Thicke and then he picked up a BIG WIN for best rap album.

The album of the year went to Robert Plant and Alison Krauss --- ugh...I'm done. I was hoping Lil' Wayne would win...but what I am thinking this is the Grammy's....

Stevie Wonder closed the show out.

11:30 p.m.

The Grammy's are done.

Overall, the show had a few hightlights -- Jennifer Hudson's performance/acceptance speech, the M.I.A. prego-performance w/ the 'rap pack' and Kanye's hair. And where was Beyonce? We saw her sister Solange sitting next to Jay-Z. But there was no Bey.

For me, I would say the excitement of the Grammy's was probably overshadowed by the Chris Brown drama....I can't wait to see how this unfolds....stay tuned!!

No comments: