Friday, February 6, 2009

Etta James says she was joking!!

It appears Etta James is not trying to see Beyonce in the squared-circle for a slugfest after all.

Everyone has been talking about Etta's harsh words about Beyonce and President Obama and she now came out to say she was JUST trying to get a laugh!!

That's like me saying, "Oh, I just ordered fries," at McDonald's. But instead I got the whole damn extra value meal. Who orders JUST fries? I know I ordered the whole meal!!!

And Etta, you knew you were going to get more than just fries!! You knew you were going to get more than JUST a laugh!! You just wanted some of that spotlight that Beyonce got while she was looking stunning singing "At Last" at the inaugural ball.

"I didn't really mean anything," James told the New York Daily News. "Even as a little child, I've always had that comedian kind of attitude. ... That's probably what went into it."
(Read the full NY Daily News article here)

Newsflash: Etta James, you are NO comedian. You couldn't even book a gig on YouTube!! Let's just be honest, you had a couple sips of Nuvo and Hennessey and you got a little loose. Hopefully this has been a lesson learned.

Hopefully she realizes this is not 1959. It's 2009 and everything you say and do is being taped, recorded and then broadcast for the rest of the world. I bet Ms. James thinks twice before she opens her mouth again.

I'm done.

1 comment:

Justin said...

Haha of course Etta would say she was joking after word got out of it...