Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Looking Ahead: 2009 is MINE!

Sitting in the dumpster filled with contents from my home.

I had a great 2008, despite a few temporary setbacks.

It's at the end of the year when you look back and reflect on all that you've been through.

No regrets here. I've stayed on track no matter what obstacles were thrown before me.

I was really tested down the stretch and perhaps my biggest test was dealing with the loss of my home. (click here to read the blog about the pre-Thanksgiving house fire)

What doesn't kill me will only make me stronger and after this year I can say that I am indeed stronger and better than I was before. And I will most definitely continue to grow in 2009.

In the New Year, I will certainly have a new home. Yeah, there will be some new challenges and obstacles, but there will be no mountain that I can't climb. No wall that I can't break down. No odds that I can't overcome.

Thank you to all those who supported me and my family in what was a very tough time for us. I can't even express how much your calls, text messages and cards have meant. The generous nature of some had me in tears. I couldn't believe it.

I thought I lost it all when I saw thick dark smoke billowing out of my house, but it was all the support from friends (old and new), co-workers and some strangers that made me realize I didn't lose quite everything. I still had many people who cared for me and my family. For that, I'm forever thankful.

I've always tried to live my life to fullest and not take anything, anyone or any day for granted. I will continue to live in such a way. Tomorrow is not guaranteed to anyone.

I'm going hard in 2009. I know a new chapter will be written in the New Year with new accomplishments and triumphs. I'm ready to fill the pages. I can't wait.

It's only a matter of time before 2009 is MINE!

See you at the TOP!

-M. Feenz

No comments: